On March 17th, WOMEN Unlimited sponsored a webinar on What Every Manager Should Know About Fostering Female Talent. I had the privilege of moderating a panel of three distinguished executives, each with years of experience helping women on their teams reach their full potential.
Our webinar panelists were: Jeffrey B. Fischer, Vice President of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies…Laura Mezey, Vice President of the Bayer Company …and Palani Palaniappan
Vice President & Head, Global Biologics CMC at The Takeda Oncology Company
They covered four important questions
- The differences between managing female talent and male talent
- Mistakes to avoid
- Strategies both companies and mangers should espouse
- Their “Big 3” for retaining and promoting talented women
The comments and insights were fast and free-flowing with ample time for participant questions. Here are a few examples of the insights shared by our panelists:
- “Good is the enemy of great.” Managers should encourage women to leave their “comfort box”
- Managers can play a key role in helping women develop both formal and informal corporate relationships and in assessing their networks. For example: Are the relationships and networks diverse enough; or are they restricted to peers? Do they include senior leaders from a cross-section of industries?
- Managers need to help women be aware of how their words and their body language may be conveying lack of confidence
- Managers must create an environment which helps women get over perfectionism and fear of making mistakes. Mistakes can be great learning opportunities for them.
The Complete Webinar Is Now Available to You
Because of the powerful and actionable information presented during the one-hour webinar, we wanted to make it available, in its entirety, to the management community. To hear all our panelists’ valuable thoughts, ideas and insights, click here. Please also feel free to share it with your colleagues. You have unlimited access to the download at no charge.
Please also enjoy…
Additionally, I am happy to provide you with our newly-released, Manager Playbook: What Every Manager Should Know About Fostering Female Talent. The Playbook is an exclusive publication of WOMEN Unlimited featuring from-the-field experiences of executives who have continually helped high-potential women, at all levels, advance their careers, with long term benefits for both the women and their organizations
Executives from Prudential, Colgate and DuPont join Jeff, Laura and Palani in providing their points of view on what to do and what not to do in developing female talent. As with the webinar, we are happy to make the Playbook available to you and your colleagues at no charge.
The webinar and the Playbook are just two of WOMEN Unlimited’s many resources to help corporations achieve and exceed their corporate inclusiveness goals. Please feel free to contact me at any time [hot link] as your organization strives to attract, promote and retain high potential women.
Dr. Rosina L. Racioppi
President & CEO