Participant Success Stories
—Grow the Talent That Will Grow Your Company replaces TEAM as the WOMEN-Unlimited offering for talented early-career women. It is the result of research on both what is needed by emerging female talent to grow their careers and by corporations to retain this important source of talent. Graduates of our programs have gone on to roles of increased responsibility and leadership in their organizations. Here are some of their comments about how our programs are helping both them and their organizations:
- Kristyn McCandless: Tufts Associated Health Plan, Boston TEAM Alumna, transitioned to the legal department as a Corporate Paralegal in November 2013. This resulted in a large promotion and interaction with director-level associates.
- April Dovholuk: Millennium: The TAKEDA Oncology Company, Boston TEAM Participant, was promoted to Associate Director of Clinical Operations in January 2013 while still attending the WOMEN Unlimited program.
- Tina Merritt: TD Bank, N.A., Boston TEAM Participant, was promoted to Vice President of Process and Tools & Methodology Manager in January 2013 while still attending the WOMEN Unlimited program.
- Aimee Welch: Adobe Systems Incorporated, Boston TEAM Participant, was promoted to Manager of Business Solutions in January 2013 while still attending the WOMEN Unlimited program.
- Kathy Youngs, RN: Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc., Boston TEAM Participant, was promoted to Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred Manager for Clinical Performance in January 2013 while still attending the WOMEN Unlimited program.
- Shaina Damm: New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc., Boston TEAM Alumna, completed her first Ironman race in Panama City Beach, FL in November 2011: 2.4 Mile Swim.
- Katie Smith: El Paso Corporation, Texas TEAM Alumna, was named to head up the Ethics & Compliance Office of a new El Paso Corporation company spinning off in late 2011.
- Millie Messervy: Millennium: The TAKEDA Oncology Company, Boston TEAM Alumna, was promoted to Associate Director in January 2011 and received outstanding Contributor Awards for individual and team.
- Lindsay Lewis: Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, Texas TEAM Alumna, has been chosen to be a part of the Advance Front Line Leader program in 2011.
- Vicky Dunbar: Bridgestone Americas, Inc., Orlando TEAM Alumna, was promoted to Manager, Government Sales in November 2010.
- Marsha (Clark) Jones: WW Grainger Inc., Atlanta TEAM Alumna, has been promoted (October 1 2010) to the position of Sr. Corporate Sales Manager.
—Program is for high-potential women in business with a minimum of 7 years of managerial experience. LEAD is often the catalyst for women to achieve their full potential as women business leaders, who contribute substantially to their organization’s success. A few examples of our LEAD graduates many accomplishments as women in business:
- Anna Stukas: BIC Corporation, San Francisco LEAD Alumna, featured on TV in Global News interview, "Women in Energy," on November 20, 2014.
- Lisa Fossella: New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc., Boston LEAD Alumna and TEAM Mentor, was promoted to Director of Product Operations in July 2013.
- Dovie Majors: SunCoke Energy, Chicago LEAD Alumna, was promoted to General Manager in March 2012. She shares, “Since participating in WUI, I can attest to the power of ...managing your message, driving the business framework and navigating relationships."
- Beth Daniell: Deb Group Ltd, Boston LEAD Alumna, accepted a new role in October 2011 as Director of Sales, East, responsible for developing sales and profit results to achieve aggressive growth targets, for DebMed, a subsidiary of Deb Worldwide Healthcare, Inc.
- Peta-Gaye Clough: Colgate-Palmolive Company, Orlando LEAD Alumna, was featured in the May 2011 Atlanta Tribune Magazine as one of 25 Rising Stars. She is U.S. Customer Service and Logistics Finance Manager and is co-chair of the Atlanta Women's Network.
- Carol Bonazza: PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Chicago LEAD Alumna, has a new role as a National Director of Real Estate & Operations for PwC Management Services LP as of October 2010.
- Julie Thomas McKean: Cisco Systems, Inc., Texas LEAD Alumna, was recognized as Channel Account Manager (CAM) of the Year in 2009. She currently leads the building of Partner Ecosystem around Cisco's Smart+Connected Real Estate go-to-market initiatives for US & Canada.